Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cleaning Campaign

March 24th

This week was a busy one at school. We had rimdo, and then international water day, and international TB day. This was concluded by a cleaning campaign on Saturday afternoon. The 4 different houses were assigned to clean different areas around the school. I was assigned to help Singye house (Lion house) clean Damji village. I was particularly pleased that I was assigned to monitor this group, as Singye house has some of my most entertaining students in it, and I really wanted a chance to walk around Damji village, a place that I had only been to once before (it is only a km. away from the school and I pass it all the time on walks to shops but rarely go into it)The group did a good job, and collected a lot of litter.

Posters that different clubs made for international water day
Students at the presentation for cleaning campaign...a few people talked about the importance of cleaning campaign before the work began

Singye house holding up the banners that Mme. Yeshi made this week before heading out to clean Damji village

Students cleaning up Damji village

Damji village, one of the most picturesque villages in Bhutan (in my humble opinion)

No comments:

Post a Comment