Saturday, February 4, 2012

Learning and Living in Bhutan

A disclaimer, none of these pictures are mine....they were taken by other teachers in our group and posted on all of their blogs (I am having issues with uploading but will soon). Thanks all!

We have been at orientation for almost 2 weeks now, and I can really say I feel like I am settling in. I am loving my time in Thimphu...it is a great city, and I think a great introduction to Bhutan. The orientation has been great...it was sad to say goodbye to 12 of the crew today as they headed east to where they will be teaching. Noorin, Dave and I will remain in Thimphu until next week when they will take us to our placements. I am looking forward to Gasa where I will be teaching...the more I hear about it, the more excited I become!

I promise I will write a more detailed blog soon, but for now, here are some pictures of our time in/around Thimphu.

There are lots of stray dogs here, and everyone is very nice to them- they all look very well fed, not like strays in the US

The view from Delaine's window at the hotel


One of the most exciting parts of orientation so far was dressing in the kira, the national dress for women in Bhutan. I will write more about the shopping process, but here is the finished product...they are very comfortable and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment